Re: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo got no respect!

Brothers & Sisters of Harp & Soul, Rock & Roll and Norton Buffalo,

I was working and therefore unable to attend during the Selma TX concert with Steve Miller and Norton. I am apologetic to all of you that I cannot agree with an assessment to the contrary of the demonstrably lengthy and, I'm certain, solid relationship between Steve and Norton.
In reviewing their combined web sites you can see that their mutual relationship is over three decades in the making.
[ See: http://www.stevemillerband.com/index1.html and
http://www.norton-buffalo.com/gallery.html - picture #18]

They are friends, co-musicians and have a high degree of respect for each other. Certainly a real snub of the degree you're referring to would be like an emcee saying "and that was some mighty fine polka music accompanied on guitar...a fella by the name of B.B. King" with no applause.
http://www.bbking.com/

Any person on stage is there for the audience and should be recognized by the band leader. (Musician's Rules of Order? ASCAP? Musician's Union Rules?) And if Norton is called a conga player, it may have been that he DID play conga on THAT number.
The Steve Miller sound is a trademark as much as the name Norton Buffalo is synonymous with the epitome of crafted harmonica play.
If you want to know Norton's opinion about all this you can reach him through his fan club e-mail @: bufffanclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

" You can knock me down, step on my face
Slander my name all over the place
Do anything that you're going to do
But unh unh honey lay off of my shoes" (Norton might say "hat" or better "harp".)

ARTIST: Carl Perkins
TITLE: Blue Suede Shoes
Sung by: Elvis
Ref.: http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/bluesued.htm
        http://www.rockabillyhall.com/BlueSuedeShoes.html

At a time when you hear intros saying things like: "We never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation," announced (Glenn) Frey at the taping of their first live performance in April 1994, (Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles.) could it be any wonder that a mis-statement becomes a wedge between two or more performers. (Hey, we have to put up with the 'War between the statements' next year for the 2008 elections. Talk about snubs, barbs, bombs and tactical innuendo!)
Additionally 'touring' has never died and many groups that HAD been separated have re-dedicated themselves to the needs of their ever loyal fans.

Just a few thoughts from a nobody that used to play guitar...and now (attempts to play) harmonica. (All of which without any recognition, respect, satisfaction or time on the band stand!)

"I don't get no respect" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Dangerfield

"I can't get no...Satisfaction" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Stones

Be Blues,

Suave Blues Man