[Harp-L] wireless Q- overdriving the reciever

i got a guitar bug and AKG diversity unit for Christmas. i use a 520dx bullet currently and am building a JT30 w/ white label shure. i notice that i have to turn the green bullet volume control down below 50% or the reciever shows constant peak on the incoming signal. i wasn't going to put a volume control in the JT30, but may have to, considering this small problem. also, i do lose some of my head room to turn up the mic when i go to non-crunch, clean sound for a few of our songs, so that my output volume is the same as with distortion.

does anyone else have this problem? is there a way to get around it?

for more info, i play into a RP-7 pedal board/processor and straight out in to the PA. with the mic turned down for the wireless, i have to turn up the RP-7 so the volume output is the same. no real problem there. thanks,

Shawn
http://code29band.com