RE: [Harp-L] Screwing around with SP20's

What about the two "extra" screwholes in SP20 reedplates? For some reason
Hohner puts them there but doesn't put screws in them (There are 8 holes & 6
screws). Howcum? Anybody out there routinely add two screws to the extra
two holes? Would this make the harp more airtight or have no effect?

Cliff Hall

I ordered two SP20 low Ds from the excellent Hohner customiser in the UK, Anthony Dannecker. He had added the two "missing" screws. I can't honestly say that I picked up much difference between those harps and my own tinkered-with specimens, though Anthony's gapping and tuning skills had produced harps with very good, even response.

Steve

Upload 500 photos a month & blog with your Messenger buddies on Windows Live Spaces. Get yours now, FREE! http://specials.uk.msn.com/spaces/default.aspx