[Harp-L] Re: cleaning harps after illness?

I avoid playing harp at all when I'm sick.  Not only could you deposit microbes on the instruments and possibly re-infect yourself (it seems plausible, though I'm NOT a doctor), but you're supposed to be resting and taking in fluids when you're sick.  The way I play harp is very strenuous on my respiratory system; it's a good workout, and I don't exercise either while I'm sick.  You can also lose a significant amount of moisture while playing harp, due to all the humidity in your breath being expelled while breathing harder/faster (that's why you should drink a lot of water when you play), and losing moisture is also not good when you are sick.

Jonathan Metts