Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: was timbre etc, now music theory

Wow. Wonderful essay.   Couldn't agree more with  this:

"When theory trumps the music it tends to turn a lot of folks off  even if
its
only in an e-mail discussion.

-Marc Molino"

or with the article by Brad Mehldau posted by Marc.   Cuts  right to the
heart of it.  He puts into words a lot of what I feel  about much of the music I
love: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Reggae,  Country, Pop, Standards and Classical. :)
Great stuff.   I'm printing up this article to keep where I can see it.

Thanks, Marc  (and Brad)

Elizabeth

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.