Re: [Harp-L] New Harp Heros

In a message dated 2/21/2007 3:55:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Bluesreedmc@xxxxxxx writes:

      List time................I want in.
    Jimmy Hall is the first guy to come to my mind. Wet  Willie Drippin' Wet
is one of the best live albums I've ever heard. For a  vocalist/harmonica/sax
player he could down right get it done. He isn't  great at the sax but he
could play. That version of It's All Right taught me how  to play harp and sing a
song at the same time. Jeff Beck liked him enough to  have him do some vocals,
that's good enough for me.
       Randy

Just had  a quasi-epiphany of sorts. What  really gets my attention?? Yes,
superb harp  playing...of course. But it just hit me that what really  gets
me
amped up is a  harp player that can really use his/her own  "first"
instrument"....vocal chords. This leads me to a couple of guys  that may be
old news for
some, so please bare with me, John Nemeth  and Sugar Ray  Norcia come to mind
and
really do knock  me out.  I think it's the "croonerizm" factor that gets me.
Estrin and Wilson   have that same effect. Just one player's thoughts.

Mike  McDermott

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.