[Harp-L] RIP Terry McMillian

Hurricane sez :

I have been at it for longer than many of you guys are old , I have listened to may greats from the world of harpdom and Terry McMillian has ( we are talking past tense now ) to be one of the most brilliant and inspiring players to grace a diatonic harp across his lips .

There are those who did not like Terry for what ever ( and maybe justifiable ) reasons , I won't won't knock those who feel this way , their reasons are more that likely valid .

- - But as far as the music goes  - -

My take on his music is we lost a great one .

I haven't recorded " Amazing Grace " but will . It's a song that has always been really good for me and the compliment I best liked when I was complimented about playing that song was when some one would say " Wow , you did that just like Terry McMillian does it .

RIP Terry :

< http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070206/OBITS/702060322/1090  >

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon