Re: [Harp-L] Improving the harmonica.

Al Price wrote:
> For me the Golden Melody is almost the perfect harmonica.
> But what i'd like to see is a nice cherry or pearwood comb
> for it.  I know these are available from a few guys to buy
> separately,but a production one  would be great.

I agree that the comb is the shortcoming of the Golden Melody --
although they are plastic, the quickly start to crack and flake -- but
PLEASE no pearwood!  I have dealt with quite enough crappy Marine Band
combs in my day to wish that on my precious GMs.  I'd be happy with a
plastic comb made from a decent plastic that doesn't self-destruct in a
few months.

-tim