Re: [Harp-L] improving the harmonica (SBS harps)

I don't have one at hand as I write Winslow, but am I not correct in
saying that the 'teeth' of the comb are wider than on the smaller
diatonics, and hence the holes further apart? and if that's so, why? I
don't mind it being fatter, broader or longer.
RD

>>> Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> 16/02/2007 10:39:45 >>>
I have several SBS, including Low A, Low G (these are rare), Low C,
Low
D (one from the original issue and a recent one that I hotrodded),
regular G and Regular A.

All play fine, some are quite nice without any tweaking. I guess I was
lucky and you weren't.

I'm OK with the bigger combs on the 12 and 14-hole models. I think the
reason for them is so they can put longer reeds on them.

Winslow

--- Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got an SBS in D that I bought when they first came out (must be
> nearly fifteen years ago) I hated it and it's hardly been used. It's
> just a bad harp; I don't know if I just got a dud, but this ones a
> real
> horror. I must say I don't like those big clunky combs Hohner use on
> all
> their 12 & 14 hole Marine Bands. Wonder why they have to be differnt
> from all the othjer model diatonics? Anyway, my SBS is no good.
Maybe