Re: [Harp-L] Timbre, pitch, intonation

I had a small epiphany a couple of years ago concerning harp playing... I got up to play a jam song with a professional band at a big benefit event and was happy and pleased as hell when country music star Brad Paisley jumped onstage and joined us. I mean, he's considered by most people to be a musician...... I played pretty good for me and it was a thrill, but the next day I was talking to Paisley briefly and he complimented my playing, saying he had tried to to learn harp and he gave up on it.... I suspect he could play harp if he spent some time at it.. Hell, if he spent 100th the time I have spent on it, he'd probably be great, but he understood it wasn't easy.
I don't consider myself much of a musician. I can play some bass and guitar, but I do love harp and I work on improving. I also have quit stressing out about the fact that I'm not nearly as good as I wish I was. As long as I can enjoy it, it's good.
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota

-----Original Message----- From: BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 6:47 AM Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Timbre, pitch, intonation

   In a message dated 2/15/2007 2:21:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,