[Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps

As good as Jason Ricci was when I saw him open for Kim Wilson, I could only
take about a half hour of that blinding volume. Personally, I have always
mixed  the most volume with the Tone that most of the players who deal with want,
Chicago style. Everyone has their own thing, but that is my thing. I don't
need  my ears to ring anymore than they do. Remember, from what the old timers
told  me, you are playing To the audience, not AT them. But how many have
actually  spent extensive time with our fathers and grandfathers that have set the
stage  so we can all be doing what we are. It is a very limited group from the
Chicago  side, everyone else is pretty much Howard Levy on down.