[Harp-L] some videos (not youtube) of many brazillian harp players in the release of the 7th gaita-list (harp-list) CD

Hi

in this link, unfortunately in Portuguese only, there are several
links to files hosted at badongo.com. Well, just follow the links :-)

http://gaitabh.blogspot.com/2007/02/vdeos-do-show-de-lanamento-do-cd-do.html

these files are video excerpts of the annual gaita-list (harp-list) CD
release party, with several pocket shows and dozens of harp players
from all over the country (Brazil). This show was in January 26th
2007, in my hometown, Belo Horizonte.

The whole taped material are about 4 and a half hours, and I am
planning to make this thing available soon for download, probably
using badongo instead of youtube because I don't have computational
resources or time to edit these videos properly. Anyway, I believe the
sound quality is acceptable.

The idea is to put lots of bands and harp players to play together.
Most of the players there are amateurs and they're just having some
fun, but I believe you can enjoy some very nice performances too.

There are some performances of Brazilian rhythms such as forró and
baião, and a team of pandeiro players (pandeiro is some sort of
tambourine) playing with harp players, which is an unusual
combination, but a fortunate one, I believe.

Sorry about some blues performances, I know it sounds weird for native
English speakers to hear blues sang by Brazilians :-) And of course,
sorry for any "Engrish" too :-)

I hope I am not offending any copyright law putting these videos on
the web like this. If I am, please let me know. My idea here isn't
making money or being unfair with those ones who earn their living
playing harp.

In a few days, there will be another festival, this time, only for
pros, guest star RJ Mischo :-)

best regards

Leonardo Kenji
http://kenjiria.blogspot.com