From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of icemanle@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:25 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Frankie Laine Dies at age 93

There was a great piece on "Fresh Air w/Terry Gross" last week. She replayed
an interview w/Frankie recorded about 20 years ago. He was quite an
unassuming and nice guy - at least he gave good interview. I especially
liked the bit in which he was hired to sing the theme from Mel Brooks'
"Blazing Saddles". At the time, he had no idea who Mel really was and was
unaware that the movie was to be a funny spoof, so he sang the song with a
complete serious attitude, which was exactly what Mel wanted. Frankie only
found out it was a comedy months later, after recording the song.

The Iceman