Re: [Harp-L] Re: alex harvey

In a message dated 2/12/2007 3:05:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

       Yes we are. I was under a mistaken  belief that Alex was still alive
and playing blues. I wonder, what did he pass  from? He was too young to go
like that. Didn't one of his guitar players play  with Nazereth? His last name
was Mekenna I think. I loved that keyboard player  too, Alex had a great band.
               "I can't get enough of that long haired music"
                     Randy

Hi Guys,  are we talking about the " Sensational Alex Harvey Band" here? If
so Alex  Harvey is no more having passed a while back. However, his guitarist

Mathew Cang lives close by and has his own studio where he is producing  some
wonderful stuff. Look out for a project he has been doing with  (previously
Chicago based now living in Queensland, Australia) harp  player, Doc Span.
Doc has been around for a while and spent some time in  the US Navy and
subsequently worked as a medic in the prison in Chicago.  His experiences in
both have made for some interesting lyrics. His harp  playing however.......
wonderful..!!

Best
Richard Smith (the  English one)