Re: [Harp-L] re: harp amp

In a message dated 2/11/2007 8:13:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

          Great idea Jimmy. I  remember that purple stuff. I like the idea of
2 8's too. What about a combo of  an 8 and a 10? You guys are teaching more
about amps then I've know in 30 years.  I never paid attention to this end of
it, I just knew if I liked the  sound or not. OK tell me this. Is 15 watts
enough to gig with if you have  good monitors and the band is grown up enough to
keep the sound level tolerable?  Is it really that important to compete with
the guitar players if your getting  good tone out of your amp and it's being
mic'ed with a microphone that's omni  directional enough to just pick up you and
not the rest of the band? That's  assuming that the PA is good and the man
running it is too. OK no PA to  speak of, will 15 watts cut through at all? I
really want to know, I'm fixin' to  start up again and I want to go with an amp
all of the time pretty much. I'll  play with the PA a little, but not much.
         Randy

And  since we don't want people to know we're really just boring old
fogeys, let's get the thing done up in that old Kustom purple metal
flake tuck and roll vinyl. I love that stuff.