Re: [Harp-L] Zoom H4 - Any sound files?

Alexander Savelyev wrote:
> I'd like to ask those who own Zoom H4 to comment on whether it
> picks up the sound well from the distance of some 15 feet, and
> what about 30 feet? I often attend purely acoustic conserts with
> my daughter - mostly piano/violine/vocal/strings set up. Just
> wondering if I'd be successful in recording a relatively -
> comparing to a regular tape recorder with the mic - decent files.
>
> Can someone share his/her MP3 sound samples - from tracks recorded
> with Zoom H4?

There is an extensive review of this product, along with sound
samples in various formats, at:
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2007/02/01/review-zoom-h4-handy-
recorder.html

They also review the M-Audio Microtrack 24/96
(http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/11/30/m-audio-microtrack-
review.html), and the Edirol R-09
(http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2006/08/31/edirol-r-09-digital-
recorder-review.html)