[Harp-L] DeFord Bailey, Howard Levy, Mark Hummel, and my Family

Happened to catch an Independent Lense Production of a DeFord Bailey Documentary on my local public television channel at 3 or 4 in the morning.  I am pretty sure that they sell DVDs of their production.  It was a great show--lots of good history.  A first position/rhythm harp clinic is contained in the history.

  I also caught an Independent Lense Production of a Billy Strahorn Documentary.  Equally worthy, but no harp.  When I get some cash, I'm gonna buy these DVDs.

  I also just purchased "Out of the Box" by Howard Levy.  It is absolutely amazing and inspiring.   I can't wait for volume 2.

  Just to further attest to what a great guy Mr. Levy happens to be, I must relate a short story.  I had some problems with the shipping of my DVD. Mr. Levy called my wife at home to make sure that I knew that he personally took care of the problem.  My wife (Melissa) is so sarcastic (charmingly so, at least to me) that I can relay a brief version of the converation to you third hand.  NOT DIRECT QUOTES.

  "Hello?"
  "Hello.  This is Howard Levy calling about your recent order of the Out of the Box DVD."
  "Oh yeah.  Your DVD is playing in my livingroom all the time."  (in as flat and utterly unstarstruck a tone as possible--possibly annoyed by the frequency at which I and my 2-year-old son what the "New Directions" video.)

  In other news . . .

  My 2-year-old has a favorite 45 seconds of all my harp instructional videos.  In  Mark Hummel's "Harmonica Party,"  Mr. Hummel opens his California section wearing a huge set of fake bare feet.  My son (Reese) always asks for the "Big Feets 'n' harp" DVD.  Furthermore, whenever he tries to play any instrument, he must be wearing a pair of big shoes (mine, Melissa's, My 11-year-old's (Zack)) when he is playing.  So if you ever see a harp player in clown shoes in about 20 years, you'll know who it is and where the habit came from.

  Thanks to all who influence me and my sons.

  Will

Looking for earth-friendly autos?