RE: [Harp-L] Playing harmonica in a rack?

I wrote to someone offlist on this... Harmonica John Frazer on Harp-L plays rack-harp and sings, while playing a full kit of drums at the same time... Howard Levy plays harp and piano, but without a rack - same with Norton Buffalo [chromatic and piano!]

I meant to mention Enrico Granafei, as Vern did, but hey... I notice Vern didn't mention VERN! :))) Also well known around harp fests is Marv Monroe, of course, who plays guitar or uke with a self-designed double diatonic rack!

There's also:

Charlie Musselwhite, of course!
Jon Gindick
Howlin' Wolf
Mr. Downchild
...plenty more, I'm sure.

Winslow just added:
"And James Conway, who once played harp in a rack while playing bodhran
(Irish hand drum). I accompanied him on bass harmonica while doing a
French Canadian foot rhythm."

I just ran across a picture of you and him, perhaps the same night. James is on guitar and looks to be playing in a rack... not sure - poor, dark photo in American Harmonica Newsmagazine. Must have been SPAH, or BHF? Whatever, I'd also add him, too, because I know he does it well.

Back to Madcat... I just saw him in Chris Brubeck's Triple Play a couple weeks ago, and Madcat is totally amazing to watch, playing harmonica, a bit of ukulele, Jew's harp, lots of vocals, and keeping the group's rhythm going all the time with his specially outfitted high-hat setup. Nothing too complicated, of course... a few 7/4 jazz and 5/4 boogie time signatures thrown in with the regulars. [whew!]

Back to yawnsville...
;-)  Bobbie