[Harp-L] Subject: "Killer" harmonica/_, ? degrees of separation

This is one of those "six degrees of separation" tales.  I have  a best
friend of 25+ years standing...she lives on Long Island as I do,  works in NYC for
a top NY Law Firm. One of her attorneys is a young guy  who plays guitar,
writes songs, is hoping to get brave enough to go to  more Open Mics and studies
guitar under the tutelage of a terrific  guitarist/singer/songwriter.

His teacher is a guy named Rich Cohen.  Jonathan (the attorney)  happened to
mention to my friend Donna the other day just how exciting it  was that his
teacher had thought highly enough of Jonathan's song-writing  skills to use 3 of
his songs on his (Rich's) new CD that was now out, and  that this incredible
harmonica player "from down South" also played on the  CD.  :)

My friend (not being a Blues or harmonica  aficionado), but knowing all about
my fairly new involvement with Blues  players as well as my close friendship
with a certain harmonica  player I've been raving about from "down
South"...casually asked if he  couldn't possibly be talking about Jason Ricci, not at all
expecting him  to agree or even know who Jason was.

Once he'd picked himself  up off the floor, and after comparing notes...we're
all still completely  floored by the coincidence and these 5 (or is it only
4?) degrees of  separation <G>

Of course, now we're both ordering the CD,  and I may have finally succeeded
in persuading her to come to one of  Jason's shows next time he gets to New
York.

Here's the  info about the CD ....and one of the rave reviews, which just
coincidentally pays kudos to two of the three songs on the CD written  by
Jonathan as well as Jason's "killer" contribution.  You can hear  snippets at
CDBaby:

RICH COHEN AND THE  BLUES PRESCRIPTION:  "SOUR MASH"  available at
_www.CDBaby.com_ (http://www.cdbaby.com/)

"Great  tunes and killer harmonica
Reviewer: Tom Muck
The new CD  by Rich Cohen is one of the best blues CDs of the year, thanks in
part to  the harmonica virtuosity of Jason Ricci. Standout tracks are "Who's
that  Knockin'", which is reminiscent of some of the all-time great Chicago
blues classics, with Jason Ricci swinging better than anyone since Little
Walter, and "Can't do Nothin' About It". The guitar playing and singing  are
top-notch as well."

Elizabeth