[Harp-L] why bother to practice?

I've had a cold for over a week hadn't played for awhile, but was still
feeling cocky at this morning's jam. The guitar player had a riff where you
have to hit the 3 bent a half step right on because I'm playing unison with
the guitarist. Did that (sort of). Felt smug. Then the riff goes to
triplets. Wipe out. I can't hit the 6B triplet fast and even when I get a
semblance of it the rhythm and tone are off. So for the next week the
pattern I'm practicing (all in triplets) is 6B 5D 4D 4B 3Db 2D. The 3Db
triplet is a pain as well.

Another interesting fact--I'm having trouble bending notes and getting a
decent tone because my nose is all stuffed up. Never thought my nose had
anything to do with bending.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals