------------------------------

From: john kuzloski jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx

I too had a dermatologist prescribe a steroid gel (see post from Greg H.) that was effective with canker sores (apthous ulcer -- spelling?, that is , not the cold sores/herpes).   That dermatologist retired, and the new one wanted to get me off the steroid gel -- thought it had possible negative effects like making the skin weaker and even more prone to the sores.  Had me on a prescription mouth wash for a bit and then a non-steroid gel/cream called I think Protopic -- I think it's an anti-inflamatory.  Anyway, just a few thoughts to talk to a doc about in case you're not sure about the steroids -- but I was hitting a lot of home runs!!
  --jk

The fish are biting.