[Harp-L] "Death Bed Repentance"

Coming back to the harmonica after a fifty year layoff, I find the scene has
changed considerably since my youth.
In the early 1950s if you were to have the slightest chance that your
harmonica aka mouth organ would be regarded as a real musical instrument,it
went without saying that you bought a 12 hole Chromonica as  favoured by
Larry Adler and Tommy Reilly, (who were by the way at the pin of their
collars at that time to be recognised as serious musicians). The tremolo
mouth organ was a child's toy and I don't remember the 10 hole Blues Harp
even appearing on the radar screen.
Now I find from lurking on this list that if you can't play at least five
positions/keys on a ten hole diatonic you are not entitled to be considered
"a man at all".
I was also interested to see in a recent debate on "Who be the Greatest?"
that as far as the list is concerned the late Larry Adler did not even
feature in the top ten.
Now for a slightly embarrassing question: If bending is a prerequisite of
the "serious would be harp player" does having a dental plate inhibit or
rule out the possibility of aquiring this skill?
Beannachtaí
Aongus Mac Cana