[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 42, Issue 16

*Dennis wrote:*
* A terrible sore on my lip (I'm on topical and oral medication) at a point
where I have quite a few musical obligations. Anyone have any experience
with chronic or recurrent lip sores and expediting recovery. And yes I know
it's a pretty "gross" subject.*

Hey, you aren't alone. When I was a kid I played the flute, and at some
point caught "impetigo", which a lot of kids get, but which was immensely
humiliating for me... especially when a sore below my lower lip was
aggravated by contact with my flute and I had to be excused from band during
the healing process. A pretty embarassing thing to have to explain to the
band teacher and other kids.

I am by no means a health expert, but from what I have heard about the
Herpes condition - and, in my experience, skin irritations in general -
mental stress and emotional issues can definitely exacerbate sores and
irritation. I have had a lot of success using Bach's Rescue Remedy. This is
something you can take orally to help with stress relief, and they also make
a cream you can put on your skin. In my experience this was helpful. It is a
homeopathic remedy.