[Harp-L] John Popper - Opens the door for us

This discussion about John Popper has been going on for some time. We can debates the merits and musicianship of Him and/or Blues Traveler until the world ends and nothing will change. Hers what I think. Let him open the door for your material. I live in a college town. Almost everybody knows John Popper and Blues Traveler and a much smaller know about Walter Horton and Howard Levy (we could debate that as well I suppose) Sometimes I play in the local bars and the crowd is mostly college kids.  So what do we do? We open with "Runaround" or "The Hook" and get the audience interested  When we get their attention we can work "Hard Hearted Women", Southern Women, Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White, even Autumn Leaves into the set. It works John Popper has opened the door if you let him.
At home, if I have a Blues Travelers CD next to Carlos Del Junco, its obvious what my choice will be.But take it for what its worth.
Their songs aren't that bad and the lyrics to The Hook say something. The Hook brings you back make sense