[Harp-L] Popper etc.

Hi all,
yeah, sometimes, I wish there had been someone like John Popper over here in Germany or Europe. Someone with a chart breaking song or even an album: with harmonica on it - harmonica like noone would have expected - away from the usual bluesy, jazzy, folky and campfire-y thing. Maybe a direction of modern rock and pop? Attracting new and younger people to this instrument...

They all are calling for respect and acceptance - but if someone reaches this with something new they'd rather like to distrust him.

Harmonica Players are not better people than others. Don't believe it. Most of them are sticking to the old things and don't trust to something new.

Well, I have tried to do something new with the harp when I was playing in a band. The only people who liked it were not harmonica players. But there were tons of complaints from the experts of the harps about my playing. Sorry, but I was thinking that the harmonica could be played in a different way...

The band is broken, so the problem doesn't exist anymore....

Otto