Re: [Harp-L] John Sebastian (Sr) plays Bach

The version you have is a vinyl reissue of the original 1950s era LP. I
picked up a new copy in the early 1980s and also later found the
earlier issue on eBay.

John Sebastian, Sr., also commissioned the Villa Lobos harmonica
concerto. IT was issued originally on Deutsche Grammophon, then on some
associated budget labels, including Heliodor. I did find a CD copy in
New York sometime in the late 1980s.

Information on a CD featuring Sebastian's recording of the Tcherepnin
harmonica concerto can be found here:

http://www.tcherepnin.com/alex/records_alex.htm

There is some mention of Sebastian in a general article on classical
harmonica here:

http://www.ksanti.net/free-reed/history/harmonica.html

Aside from that, most of what you'll find are in the liner notes of
that LP.

Winslow