[Harp-L] mic customizer FOUND

Last Sunday (Jan 28) I posted a message to Harp-L asking if anybody knew of a good harp mic customizer.  Several people recommended Greg Heumann of www.blowsmeaway.com in San Francisco.  I contacted Greg and shipped him the mic.

Today is Friday (Feb 2) and I have the mic back, customized exactly as I wanted.  You read that right:  From the first post on Harp-L to the finished mic in my hands in only six days.  Amazing!

Greg did excellent work, shoehorning a vintage Shure CM element into a small EV M43/U body.  It sounds outstanding, with no handling noise.  Greg charged a fair price and his speed and service are impressive.  He sent me images of every step along the way and got my sign-off before proceeding.  I can recommend Greg Heumann without reservation.

Pics:  (No fancy artwork on this mic;  I like the olive drabness...)

http://www.davisbluesproject.com/pics/ev1.gif
http://www.davisbluesproject.com/pics/ev2.gif

Thanks again, Greg.

-Rick Davis