[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

*Subject: [Harp-L] harmonica infidelity
* *Marc wrote:*
* Every time I play the G harp, I feel like I'm cheating on my C harp--is
this
normal?
I was also very disappointed to find The Kama Sutra has no information
regarding harp positions...
*
Well, I think it's appropriate here for me to bring the female point of view
to this discussion.

Actually it's kinda strange and the harmonica is something of a Freudian
paradox, methinks. Most of the players are men, and here you are worried
about cheating on your honey. But really, the harmonica itself is kind of
phallic, in terms of the shape and the fact that the player becomes the
passive receiver of the harmonica.

Another paradox lies in the many holes on a harmonica. All of these are
feminine symbols, contained within the larger masculine symbol of the
harmonica.

Now, as to cheating on your harp - whatever its gender, or yours - I think
it depends on the harmonica. Some are no doubt polyamorous, like people.
Others will be old-fashioned and somewhat conservative. Maybe it depends on
what you play on the harmonica. Harps used for gospel music will no doubt
want fidelity in a relationship, and will probably quote the Bible at you if
they catch you cheating with another instrument.