[Harp-L] Re: Not so standard harmonica songs

Regarding songs off the beaten harmonica path, here's a very partial list of some songs I do with my side project, Animal Farm (not including the many originals we do that are even less typical harmonica-wise):

  Nagasaki (django)
  In the Court of King Oliver
  Blue Monk
  Summertime
  When the Saints Go Marching In
  Billy?s Bounce
  Opus 38
  Little Wing
  Autumn Leaves
  Round Midnight
  16/16 (Grisman)
  Minor Swing (django)

  You can hear some of our stuff at http://www.myspace.com/animalfarmers.  In my duo and "solo" band, I do some of these (again, not including originals):

  Up On Cripple Creek
  The Weight
  The Devil Went Down to Georgia
  Tupelo Honey
  Into the Mystic
  Moondance
  Georgia On My Mind
  Cissy Strut
  "Godfather" theme
  Louisiana 1927
  Us and Them (Pink Floyd)
  Message in a Bottle
  "MASH" theme
  "Jeffersons" theme
  What's Going On
  California Stars (Billy Bragg and Wilco)
  Brian Wilson (Barenaked Ladies)
  Hotel California
  Old Spice commercial
  Beautifully Broken (gov't mule)
  Superstition
  Old Joe (Widespread Panic)

  ... plus various classical, jazz, and classic rock things that come to mind spontaneously.  I have never understood the idea that harmonica is only meant to play certain kinds of music.

  SAJ

---
Scott's debut CD, Umbrella Man, out soon!
http://www.scottalbertjohnson.com/
http://www.myspace.com/scottalbertjohnson