[Harp-L] The Greatest

I didn't care too much for Larry Adler's public persona,I suspected that his endlessly repeated anecdotes were largely apocryphal and still can't stand the 'chorded' sound he used so often.
In spite of all that I have never heard any player surpass the tone and musicality of his single note playing.
The greatest?Well other players have interpreted the classical and popular song repetoire with more sublety perhaps,but at his best and within certain parameters Larry would get my vote as the greatest chromatic player of all time.
Cheers,
L.G