[Harp-L] Re: The Greatest

 remember when I was a kid, maybe eight, I read a larry Adler biography. It was a whole new, strange world of playing to me at that age, the instrument, style and even, to some degree, lifestyle, was far different than anything we had on rural Elk River in W.Va. Reading about Larry got me thinking about music more seriously, thinking about more than maybe learning Stephen Foster from tab.   I don't think any chromatic player has ever inspired me more than Doug Tate, but Larry got me thinking about a lot of things. Wish I could have met him, the closest we ever had to a big-name on the river, I think, was when David Allen Coe played this dive bar in Sissonville back in the early 1990s.

  Dave

  Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com