Re: [Harp-L] Making Friends with 12th Position

At 11:58 AM 12/23/2007, you wrote:
Listening to the piece Ken posted I hear it as key of D played on a G harmonica and it meanders into an A minor on that descending run. I'm not sure how that works position wise but the A minor is the relative minor of C which is 12th on the G harmonica or maybe I have it all wrong. Well not all of it the song is mostly in D.

When I just did the guitar track I didn't even think about keys, I was goofing around with alternate tunings for the first time in my life, and this was one of the pieces I created. When I finally added in the harp my first choice of harp was fortuitous - I'll bet your right about it being a G harp. Out of respect and laziness I will not even go get my harps out of the other room to check.

I feel like a total hillbilly for not having ever figured out the key movements, but when they come without me thinking them through, as this did, I often don't want to know the technical particulars. If anyone has any other thoughts about the key movement in the piece, I'm all ears.

http://www.HarmonicaGuitar.com/Blowback.mp3

That was kind of a fun little piece of music there Ken. The only thing that spoiled it for me was the Huang Star Performer ;)

The mind boggles at what I might have accomplished with a real harmonica. -K