[Harp-L] Season's Greetings

I wish to add my thanks to all for your participation in the Harpers' International Giglist, and to also those who have offered your monetary thanks by way of the Tip Jar. This is of course not a requirement for listing your gigs, but it does help with expenses.

Many are aware, but probably not all, that I suffered an aortal aneurysm while playing on stage at the CNE in Toronto on August 28, 2006. Not knowing what my problem was, I even played 2 more selections after the seizure, to close the set, as requested by the trio leader. I was then rushed to a hospital in Toronto, and after 4 days there with no activity in my favor, I checked myself out and went immediately to UofM Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI. They recognized my problem immediately, and after 4 more days of stabilization, my surgeon (one of the best in the world!), operated on me - nearly 10-1/2 hours on the table. Also a vocal cord had been damaged, so a week after the initial operation, I once again returned to the operating room where a silicone vocal cord was inserted. No more singing for me, but hey! I'm alive, and my bass harmonica ability has not been affected.

I of course have been rehearsing with various recordings, and am able to play with no problem, for the past 13 months. But the other two members of my trio went on without me, using various bass harmonicists as they became available, and I've heard nothing from either of them since.

My point is that I am a free agent, and available for trio work on a professional level, as well as studio recordings that may be in need of a bass harmonica.

Thanks, all, for listening.

Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year.

Danny
--