Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Slide

If you HAD to, I'd use a turbine oil. I get it at the hardware store, it's a paraffin-based oil. It's better to just keep it clean and use no oil, I think, as oil will attract dirt, then you gotta keep oiling it and continue the cycle. You can hold the harp upside down at a 45 degree angle, then take an eyedropper and put drops of water on the slide button and let the water run down and come out the other side of the slide. Then dry it before turning right side up. It only takes a few drops, the important thing is don't let it run inside the harp, just the slide itself.

  Dave

  Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk River Harmonicas
  www.elkriverharmonicas.com