[Harp-L] teaching to bend

Hi -
  I have been playing harp for many years, but I am self-taught, and therefore not a very good teacher. However, I keep getting asked to teach harmonica lessons, so I am trying to improve...
  My main problem is teaching begginners how to bend - I mean basic 1-4 draw bends. I have tried the syllable method I heared on Jerry Portnoys excellent masterclass (EE-OO)
  but it dos'nt seem to work for me. Any suggestions from you experienced teachers out there would be greatly appreciated
  Hammer

Dov Hammer
www.dovhammer.com
www.myspace.com/dovhammer