RE: [Harp-L] Irish Harp and the 1847

> As regards fiddle and harp duos a French (Well Breton to be exact!) Player
> called Jean Sabot has made a very nice album with a fiddle and guitar. I
> bought his album 'on spec' when on holiday in France two years ago and was
> agreeably impressed. It was quite a pleasant surprise when he turned up at
> the Willie Clancy Summer School in Co. Clare this year.
> Aongus Mac Cana

I've said it before here - Jean Sabot is just about the harmonica world's best-kept secret.   It was my unalloyed pleasure to play with him in a session in St Ives here in Cornwall a couple of years ago (and buy him fish and chips!).  His playing is tasteful, outstanding and altogether just out of this world, and he's a true gent to boot.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but there's an excellent Irish and Scottish harmonica discography here:  http://www.irishmusicreview.com

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm