Re: [Harp-L] Runaway Harp Solo - N.B.

--- "Barry F. Cohen" <kates-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From:  Barry Cohen (kates-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> Subject:  Runaway Harp Solo - Norton Buffalo
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Can someone help me out and tell me what four keys of harp Norton
> Buffalo uses in his amazing solo - and quite the entertaining
> juggling act - on Bonnie Raitt's 'Runaway?'  My band is covering the
> song and I've never bounced-around more than two harps before on a
> tune - oh, oh - more time in the shed!!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Barry

The solo is a series of eight licks using F, Eb, Db, and C harps in
that order.  You run through 'em twice.  Most of them start on a 2
draw.  You'll have to listen to Norton and figure out what you can.
The licks themselves are not too, too difficult.  There are no
overblows. All are in 2nd position.

Regards,
John Watts, Coast to Coast Music
http://coast2coastmusic.com
Harmonicas, Guitars, Strings, & Accessories
800-776-5015