Re: [Harp-L] Re: Rock and roll hall of fame ; bah humbug

Before the piss & moan festival gets too far afield, perhaps it is time to
note that a terrible lot of folks who never heard of Little Walter will now be
wondering who he was and perhaps check him out. That's good for Walter, blues
harp and the blues in general.

For us old foggies who heard Little Walter's recordings on the radio WHEN
THEY CAME OUT this may seem as a gross disservice by the rock hall of fame. On
the other hand, it's good to have him included. Most of the people included in
the hall of fame are probably closer to blues and the original R&B than what
came to called the original rock 'n' roll.

As I remember early rock, all you needed to   qualify was a guitar. If a
record had a guitar in it, it must be rock. That allowed -- but not limited to --
country, what is now called rockabilly, western swing and some jump blues and
R&B into the mix.

Next, we can argue what constitutes rock.

Phil Lloyd
Eschew obfuscation,
celebrate the blues