[Harp-L] Duos with harmonica

I just did this very thing. We are an acoustic guitar and harp duo called
Bosque Blues(pronounced Boss'-kay, it's the forest area on the sides of the
Rio Grande River where we live). I do most of the singing.

We picked up a bunch from those we all know so well. Acoustic versions of
"Oh Baby", some SBII, Cotton, John Lee Hooker, Pat Ramsey, etc. we even have
a couple other blues-rock based songs that are recognizable to non-blues
people. "Stuck in the Middle" by Jeff Healey. We do 2 songs off that
album(cd). Van Morrison is recognizable. The Kenny Wayne Shepherd cd "10
Days Out" is fun with some good stuff as well as some of his regular stuff
(we do Blue on Black with harp as the solo instrument). Any Sonny Terry, of
course. For more obscure, check out Ry Cooder(my guitar player is from
Australia). Most notably the Crossroads soundtrack. We do 2 from that. One
is a Sonny Terry and Ry Cooder duo. He uses some wild guitar tunings at
times for slide. As you know, most anything can be made acoustic. I hope I
helped a little. :-)

Shawn Williams
Albuquerque, NM

>From: Mike Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Harp-L] Duos with harmonica

>In 2008, my resolution is to start a duo...maybe trio.
> I was thinking of just harp and guitar...I really
>want to keep it blues based...
what would you recommened checking out?  It can be
acoustic or electric.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi