Re: [Harp-L] "Harlem Nocturne" on Chromatic

Well, that sounded great George. This is a tune that I've had on the workbench for some time, both on chromatic and diatonic. The only thing I didn't like was that it ended before the bridge, and that's the problematic bit for me; getting that descending run of fifths at the end, landing in the right place and getting back to the A part gracefully. If you have the rest available, I'd love to hear it. Anyway, nice work.
Cheers,
RD

>>> "Stachnik, George C (The Podcast guy)" <george.stachnik@xxxxxx> 12/12/2007 9:10 >>>
My son is an independent film maker  He has written and produced a short film called "Missing Pieces" which includes part of a version of Harlem Nocturne that I recorded using a chromatic harmonica some years ago.  The music can be heard in the trailer, which is online at this URL:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XIC2gHQurkA.

The song was recorded in front of a live audience with a group called the Hot Water Pipe Band.  I'm playing a Hohner CX-12, using a Green Bullet & a Silvertone Twin.

Please feel free to comment...

-LittleGeorge
of the now
defunct HWP