To: "Glenn Weiser" <celticguitar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Ken Deifik" <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] first live amplified recording?

For blues harp recorded live (whether amplified or not) there is one
that tops the 1938/39 Spirituals to Swing concerts with Sonny Terry - a
live Duke Ellington recording from the late 1920s that features a cameo
of someone playing second-position blues harp.

The reason I don't know any details is that one morning about 6AM as I
was waking up, it came on the radio (KCSM, the San Francisco Bay Area
jazz station) , and that's all I remember of what the announcer said
about it. It's probably on on of the RCA/Bluebird CD reissues from that
period and was perhaps recorded at the Cotton Club.

Winslow

--- Glenn Weiser <celticguitar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ken-

OK, you've got the one to beat now-that CD is in print with Sonny
Terry on it.
Who can top Ken? This may be tough.

-Glenn
----- Original Message ----- From: Ken Deifik