[Harp-L] West Coast Harmonica Seminar near SF

Dear List,

This year will be my 5th Chromatic Seminar for Diatonic Players (and also for chromatic players and teachers who wish to advance their chromatic knowledge and pedagogy) held from Friday Feb 15th in the evening 6-10, to Monday Feb 18 morning from 10-12 over the holiday weekend. Sat and Sunday will be 10-12 and 2-4 with night time get togethers to play, jam, tune and repair harmonicas. The place is the Country Inn Motel in Palo Alto; 4345 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. There are several better motels with in walking distance of where we will hold the seminar.

I have introduced players like Randy Singer, Rob Paparozzi, Clint Hoover, Chris DePino, Clint Hoover and Sugar Blue to chromatic and given lessons to Mike Turk and William Galison who already could play chromatic.

The seminar will be $499 unless a club can bring in 5 members and the club members will be $399 each. I will include a copy of my two etudes "Scales and Arpeggios" and "Bona Rhythm Etudes" for each player which usually cost $200. I will also get you copies of my Bach for Harmonica when it's done.

This seminar is for all levels of players; people with a higher level of expertise on chromatic will learn teaching pedagogy and reinforce the fundamentals of chromatic play. We will cover everything from tone, phrasing, corner switch, dynamics, speed, rhythm, reading and practice habits, etc. I teach you the tools to play the instrument and you take those tools into any kind of music you wish from jazz to classical to blues to folk to blue grass, etc.

The seminar is suitable for anyone wanting to gain more knowledge about the chromatic. It should be fun to get several players together for intense sessions. It moves very fast and will give you stuff to practice and how to practice for the next ten years which is what all musicians do.

Please email me if you wish to come.

The next step will be a refundable deposit of $100 to me, just to avoid last minute pullouts. I will have allow you to pull out up to one week before the seminar without losing the deposit.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
280 Riverside Drive #3B
New York, NY 10025

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

Bonfiglio Chromatic Seminar for Diatonic and Chromatic Players

wowow,

what a great idea!!!!!

I have to thank robert for cracking the whip on me in the '80's.

I was living in NYC and only playing diatonic harmonica. I went to the Turtle Bay Music School because I had received information that chromatic instruction was taught by Robert Bonfiglio.

For many months, Robert got out his proverbial whip and forced me to
learn all the scales, arpeggios and sightreading. I did what was asked of me. Little did I know that this short time of
my life with Robert would turn out to be the most important part of my harmonica life.

His curriculum of music and discipline has penetrated every part of my harmonica life, both diatonic and chromatic. With his teaching, I was able to play serious music in any style (I already had the wild side).
There is no type of music that I am out of touch with now. When I improvise, I can actually "see" the notes of the harmonica in my head so navigating tricky parts is easier because my "blind" instrument now is not so blind anymore. Most harmonica players have poor study habits and it shows. Robert gave me the ability to "see", as well as to
practice efficiently and diligently.

I absolutely endorse Robert in his methodology and purpose. Keep in mind you do not have to even like classical music to get the most out of his teaching. Classical music is the vehicle to learn to MASTER the harmonica.

Take advantage of his opportunity to study with Robert. I absolutely could not overstate this.

Robert taught me PRECISION, DISCIPLINE, SIGHTREADING, INTONATION AND FLUIDITY.

There is only so much one can learn from tapes, cd's , hanging out at harmonica festivals and just "jamming along with a record" or a few friends.

One needs to sit at the feet of a master and soak it in and do what is asked.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

If you sow short term pain you will reap long term pleasure. The effort is worth it.

thanks Robert!!

sincerely,

randy singer