Re: [Harp-L] AKG Wireless - available or not?

hi guys,

sorry for leading astray by giving you links where the mentioned items are unavailable. Greg, my intention was to show how the unit looks like and some tech. specifications to make a decision.

Though I might not be aware of the situation in the U.S. regarding the snap-on wireless transmitter, but this unit is widely available in Europe. Please check the following links from AKG website:

SNAP-ON TRANSMITTER, SO 40

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,290,pid,290,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html

TM 40 - THIS ON IS REALLY DISCONTINUED
http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,481,nodeid,2,pid,481,_language,EN.html

I noticed that on-line vendors are inclined to say DISCOUNTINUED when they don't want to deal with the product anymore, or there might be a frequency based issue that doesn't allow importing of this particular product to the U.S., or AKG doesn't provide the right frequency, etc. Anyway it's work checking this link and ask for the first-hand info on this issue:

http://www.akg.com/site/distributoren/powerslave,id,12,nodeid,28,_language,EN.html

Hope that helps, thanks,

Alex