Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Auto Valve harp

Can anyone tell me if Auto Valve harps are fully valved or not?

Unless you remove the plates you won't be able to tell if it's fully valved because the valves are on both sides of the plate. When you just look in the back under the coverplates you'll see every other reed valved. That's normal. As I typed this I realised how dumb I was being. If you look in the front of the comb you can see the windsavers. Key of F the upper octave is only valved through hole 4 and the lower octave through hole 6. So no a stock key of F Auto Valve is not fully valved. The same is true of an A and a C. I almost got fooled because I picked up a Marine Band Full Concert in C, they have the same form factor and are unvalved. fjm