[Harp-L] UPDATE: Harptime @ 3MB Music in Smithtown NY

Hello Harpheads of the Universe!

I just wanted to let you all know; especially those from the Northeast,
things are progressing at my new venture. As usual nothing happens as fast
as we would like but progress is being made on a daily basis. It looks like
we will not be in full operation until January of '08. We are now doing the
fire code compliance work to support our occupancy numbers of around 400. I
am happy to announce that I have now been assigned the position of General
Manager. This state-of the-art recording studio and live performance venue
will be an incredible resource for musicians of all types. My blues agenda
should dominate at least 3 days of the week. I am also setting up a retail
area that will become a major resource for harp players; a nice alternative
to the typical minimalist attitude of most music retailers when it comes to
harp players. I will be featuring Seydel harmonicas with additional Hohner
and Lee Oskar stock as well. I am also working on ideas that will be able to
help our harp friendly "boutique" friends get live exposure in a major
metropolitan area for their products.

My agenda to push earlier show times and an all age's friendly environment
is getting a nice response as news gets out. "Think outside the bar" and
"Blues without booze" are marketing slogans that will differentiate us from
the typical bar scene that alienates many. Hard core partiers will just have
to grasp the concept of having a few pops before a show and joining their
friends after a show at their favorite watering hole. Show times will always
be on or around 7:00 pm and never run past midnight. It is time to have
alternative venues that separate the music business from the alcohol
business. Music deserves more respect that that in this new millennium.

Bob Cohen from Mojo Tools Web Design is doing an excellent job at creating
our new website. We should be live fairly soon. He is a joy to work with as
he has some real expertise at the new age of internet website production.
Being IPhone and similar device friendly is critical in our modern age as we
all don't just have big monitors in our face when we connect to the
information super highway.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more details. Please feel free to email
me wlb@xxxxxxxxxxxx to get on my radar screen for shows, workshops and jams
in 2008 as well as any questions that you may have.

Warren Bee