Re: [Harp-L] how do we best support harp players when buying their music?

Marc Molino <mmolino54@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<If an artist has music available through multiple retail outlets (music stores,
<Amazon.com, CDbaby, iTunes, and/or other venues), which is the most supportive way
<to buy their music? Which option puts more money in the artist's pocket? Is
<it more important that they have higher sales figures on something mainstream like
<amazon.com or iTunes or that they receive a higher amount of royalties via a <lesser-known retail outlet?

<For those of you who sell your music, do you have a preference (beyond that people
<buy and listen to it in the first place)?

I get more money per CD paid faster from CDBaby than from Amazon, and CDBaby is a joy to deal with from the artist's point of view.

That said, I sell more CDs through Amazon, and I'm beginning now to see sales of my MP3s (which are often not available on CD) through Myspace and Broadjam.

I use as many outlets as I can, and if my music is available on an outlet you can take it for granted that I'm glad to have customers shopping for my music there.  My goal is to make it easier for people to buy my stuff, and my convenience is secondary to that.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at myspace.com/rhunter