Re: [Harp-L] wireless rigs

Hi Dov,

The most cost efficient and simple solutions are:

http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.AKG-WMS40-SO40

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=139&brandID=1

Once you're ready to spend starting somewhere from 500 and up, then you can consider AUDIX, BEYERDYNAMIC, SHURE:

AUDIX
http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/AUW3-FIREBALL.html

BEYERDYNAMIC
http://www.sweetwaveaudio.com/sales/beyerdynamic/wireless_systems.php

SHURE
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-ULXS14-Wireless-Instrument-System?sku=270293

The more expensive packages are great in terms of frequency protection and other cool features, but you'll have to fuss around with the proper cable for you microphone. While with the first 2 mentioned systems you'll have no problem in playing your gig in just about 1 minute after the set up. Though, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for - the simple systems are not always a good choice for the radio-busy spaces (TV cameras, other wireless systems, cell phones, etc.), so you have to decide what you need. If you are to play in a small club/bar - the first two system will perfectly fit. On a professional stage with lots of equipment involved, you'd better go for the professional option.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Alex

>>> drori hammer <drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx> 04.12.2007 11:19:43 >>>
Hi
  I am considering getting a wireless rig for live gigs. Can anyone recommend good and reliable models for playing harp? If it is relevant, my mic of choice right now is an Audix Fireball (the newer one with the volume control)  - and my amp is a Fender Blues Junior.
  I sometimes like to use the Fireball directly to the PA
  Thanks for any tips
  Hammer

Dov Hammer
www.dovhammer.com