To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 12th position

--- Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Look, I know I'm probably going to get some disagreement here
as far as 'exact pitch' goes, but the best guide is just to mash down
on the 2 hole bend as far as you can.
     Depending on the harp, you might be a few cents out one way or
the other, but the 'floor' of bend 2 is the keynote of 12th, as is
draw 5 and draw 9.

The bottom of a bend is always flatter than the proper note; same goes for an overblow. Both need to be raised slightly to be in tune. If any note needs to be in tune, it's your tonic note.

Winslow