Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci superharp?

Haka Harri <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know that my comment is unwished among harp-l colleagues but I have to say that Jason Ricci is not the only harp player in town.

i don't recall anyone suggesting that he was. lots of harp players are discussed here. we're all music fans. we like different musicians, and we like to talk about them. that's why we're here.

tell me about your favorites.  maybe they'll be pushing the envelope
of what harp music can be.  that'd be great, even if i don't personally
care for their music.  maybe i'll love their music.  maybe i won't.  if
i'm not interested in them, i'll just skip the posts about them, like i
do now for a number of topics that don't interest me.

Lots of comments of Jason being a supernatural talent and rainmaker, .... Partly true but harp genius still remains in the music of the Walters and Sonny Boys,

certainly there was genius there. but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist elsewhere, or since. the old masters had their day, but things have advanced in the decades since then. this is as it should be. if it wasn't, then we're all wasting our time. the state of the art in harp playing is astonishingly high these days. jus think what it'll be in another 40 years, when another generation or two learns from this one and improves on it.

--
garry hodgson
garry@xxxxxxxxxxx