[Harp-L] Amp Placement on stage

This question fits nicely into the recent thread about loud guitarists where it was mentioned that some are placing their amps in the wrong place on stage.

  I've been playing in a guitar harp duo for a a while and we're considering adding a bass. I also play occasionally with a full band. I normally play through a vocal mic into the PA but am transitioning into playing with an amp. I'm looking for some advise on amp placement on stage. Where is the best location for the amp relative to where I'm standing, and does this change if the amp has to be mic'd into the PA.

  Thanks,
  Jim McBride